Would you like to help Strategicon Gaming Conventions, but you didn't know how? Become a volunteer!
We need your help in all departments of the convention. We are looking for enthusiastic people who want to get involved in making Strategicon Gaming Conventions better and more fun. Do you think you have what it takes? Let us know.
If you would like to run (GM) a specific event, it would be better to just login and submit the request via the Run an Event page. If you are not sure what to run, we suggest contacting the person in charge of the type of event you are interested in. Contact information can be found on the Game Departments page. Alternatively, there might be a game on the Event Requests page that you are happy to run. If so, submit it via the Run an Event page.
For more details on GM responsibilities, please review the Event Organizer's Agreement
We also need help in Convention Services at Registration, the Help Desk, Department HQs and much more!
Volunteers who have worked for at least 8 hours and performed their assigned duties to the satisfaction of their department supervisors, will receive a reimbursement for the cost of their convention badge (admission).You must login to your account or create an account to fill out the volunteer form.
Event Organizer's Agreement
By submitting your events to Strategicon, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You will begin and end your events at the time specified.
- You will allow only attendees with the appropriate badge to participate in your events.
- You will not move your events from their scheduled locations or occupy more space than allocated without the approval of Strategicon Staff for that area.
- You understand that running events at Strategicon does not make you an employee of Strategicon, or any Exhibitor.
- You must be capable of teaching the game to new players.
- You must be able to supply the basic materials (Game, dice, photocopies, etc.) for your game.
- If an Event is very popular, you may be required to run a demo for the game an hour before the event starts so that new players can be brought up to speed before the event.
- [Boardgame GMs must run a tournament or Gaming 101 during their 8 hours in order to qualify for a free badge. For more details, please review the boardgame event descriptions and gm procedures files.]
- [RPG Game Masters are required to run 48 player-hours worth of events in order to obtain a free badge to the con. The formula is: the number of player slots offered times the duration of the game in hours. Therefore, having six players in a four-hour game means you've earned 24 hours towards earning a free badge.]